Engaged Communities, Engaged Universities: Developing policy and practice in participatory research
Programme now available
27 – 29 August 2009
This 4th Living Knowledge Conference celebrates the tenth anniversary of the Living Knowledge Network Science Shops. The 4th Living Knowledge Conference is organised by the Programme Committee who have extensive experience in the area of Science Shops and community based research. It will build on the work of previous conferences in Leuven, Seville and Paris.
The conference is hosted by The Science Shop at Queen’s University Belfast. Queen’s is a founding member of the International Science Shop Network.
- To influence international research policies and establish priorities for community based research
- To critically reflect on partnership working
- To examine current practice and future developments in Science Shops
- Engaging students in community based research
- Planning for demographic change
- Science Shops, sustainable development and climate change
- Knowledge exchange, transfer or exploitation?
- Sustaining CBR practice through arts and cultural forms
- Critical reflections on community engagement in the natural sciences, technology and innovation
- Influencing international research policies and priorities
- Bringing Science Shops to the policy agenda in UK and ROI
- Evaluating strategies for embedding community engaged research in universities
- Offering examples of practice and training for new and emerging Science Shops
- Providing opportunities to discuss future collaborations
- Securing the future of the Living Knowledge Network